Jacobs IDOM joint venture
2018 – 2023
Construction Programme Development
The Metrolink project is the development of a north-south urban railway service, providing a direct and dedicated twin track rail link, to run between Estuary in the county of Fingal and Charlemont in Dublin city centre. The service will connect key destinations including Dublin Airport and will link Irish Rail, DART, Dublin Bus and Luas services along the 19km route.
There will be 16 stations (11 deep, one shallow and four surface), a 3,000 space Park and Ride facility at Estuary station and a new rolling stock depot. Once completed, Metrolink will have a journey time of approximately 25 minutes from Estuary to Charlemont. The line is planned to function automatically and driverless with a minimum headway of 90 seconds.
A large proportion of the route will be underground, including where it passes under the important city centre area and Dublin Airport. The underground section will terminate at Charlemont, where the Metro will interface with the existing Luas Green Line.
LBA supported the client, Jacobs-IDOM Joint Venture as Engineering Designer, through the preliminary and environmental impact assessment (EIA) stages of the project planning process. Our role included:
- Construction sequencing and planning based on the Jacobs-IDOM design.
- Providing tunnelling expertise in SCL, TBM and blasting techniques.
- Construction programme development based on the Jacobs-IDOM design.
- Supporting the design and amendments to temporary traffic management design and sequencing.
- MEP and post-tunnelling work construction planning.
- Providing cost estimates.
- Providing technical support throughout the development phase.
- Ongoing support throughout the oral hearing process.
- Demonstrating our understanding of tunnelling and excavation of rock in different geological conditions to develop solutions using different methods.
- Development of a constructable construction sequence for the complex stations, including Glasnevin which interfaces with two live rail lines and a canal, O’Connell Street and Charlemont where these stations are under proposed developments.
- Compilation of comprehensive vehicles numbers for the project for the EIAR submission.
- On time submission of Railway Order / EIAR Documentation.
The British Tunnelling Society decided to investigate the Tunnelling Challenges of Hyperloop.
The Dalmuir UID works are being undertaken for Scottish Water as part of an ongoing…
250 City Road Development Project
The Berkeley Homes 250 City Road site is located along the southern side of City…
Western Rail Link to Heathrow [WRLtH] GRIP3
The project is a westward facing link from the Great Western Main Line near Langley…
Hinkley C Marine Works
Hinkley C is a new nuclear power station being constructed adjacent to the existing Hinkley…
Crossrail C610 Systemwide Fit-Out and Fire Assurance
The Crossrail C610 tunnel fit-out project involves the installation of over 40km of track and…
Silvertown Tunnel Instrumentation & Monitoring
The Silvertown Tunnel scheme involves the construction of a twin bore road tunnel providing a…
Cambridge Mass Transit
Following their review of the various options and their benefits / drawbacks and significant stakeholder…
Channel Tunnel Rail Link Contract 240
This contract involved the construction of a 5km length of the dual Channel Tunnel Rail…