LBA has substantial practical experience of underground excavation in a wide range of ground conditions.
A key strength of LBA is being able to provide a full understanding of geotechnical engineering and its impact on major construction projects. LBA has a geological and geotechnical engineering team with a wide ranging knowledge, made up of highly qualified and experienced experts who are well known in their fields. They each have substantial practical experience of underground excavation covering mapping/logging and monitoring, in a wide range of ground conditions.
Between them they have managed teams of geologists, geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists on some of the largest underground construction projects in the UK as well as overseas fulfilling the following roles:
- Undertaking desk studies and the design of ground investigations.
- Planning and implementing fully integrated site investigations, inclusive geophysics and other specialist services.
- Geological and geotechnical mapping including regional studies.
- Definition and review of ground condition models.
- Geotechnical risk assessments.
- Settlement prediction and analysis.
- Geotechnical supervision relating to the installation of sprayed concrete linings, covering both NATM and SCL approaches.
- Geotechnical instrumentation.
- Forensic ground conditions claims.
- Fully integrated geotechnical services.
Geotechnical Data Reports
The management of geotechnical teams also requires well developed interpretation and reporting skills and LBA have gained particular experience in the interpretation of geotechnical data and the reporting of this data in an appropriate form to designers, contractors and clients and, where required, to other stakeholders.