Tunnel Information Management – TIM
Tunnel Information Management (TIM) is an innovative new information management system specifically designed for the construction and asset management of tunnels.
TIM has been designed, and continues to be developed by tunnelling specialists, and is therefore targeted at providing useful, accurate, up to date information in a format that can be rapidly understood. This enables the site management team to manage effectively, directing scarce resources to areas that can make a real difference in improvements to production, quality, and cost performance.
TIM is a web-based system that:
- Records and codes production activities, producing shift and weekly reports, and a variety of reports for delay analysis
- Records quality information, producing trend and snagging list reports, and collating records for project handover
- Records and reports on the as encountered geology and the use of consumables
- Accepts electronic data from other sources, such as the TBM, with ring and shift reports
- Integrates with segment manufacturing data through barcode or RFI scanning
- Automatically distributes standard reports and sends out email or text alerts on specific triggers
- Provides real time information to authorised users across the team, displaying progress on a Google Maps background (which can be repeated on a large screen in the site office or visitor centre)
- Offers electronic NCR reporting and sign off
The system is modular, allowing a site to choose only those functions it needs, and costs are relatively low, ensuring that TIM is an option for the smaller tunnelling sites as well as large ones. No additional hardware or software is required, and the system can be set up and accepting data in just a few hours.
For further information please visit the TIM website www.mytimapp.com