CDM (2015) Services
The HSE revised the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations with the issue of CDM 2015 which has the stated aims of helping to:
- Improve health and safety in the industry.
- Have the right people for the right job at the right time to manage the risks on site.
- Focus on effective planning and managing risk – manage the risk not the paperwork.
London Bridge Associates (LBA) can fulfil these aims as:
- One of the main objectives of LBA is to provide the right managerial staff for underground works.
- All of our staff have substantial experience of working underground and therefore are particularly well qualified to manage the associated hazards.
- We believe that by effective design inclusive detailed construction planning and practicable Health and Safety measures that we can manage underground construction Health and Safety design hazards effectively.
CDM Management Process
To assist us in meeting these aims, LBA have developed a generic CDM management process. Our CDM C will work with our client’s and their appointed design team to develop this into a bespoke process for their specific project and to apply this agreed process by:
- Advising on and assisting with the development of management plans.
- Compilation and submission of documentation required by the regulations.
- Assisting with the assessment of competence of both designers and contractors.
- Working with the appointed design team to fully utilise their design experience.
- Applying our experience of the design process on major projects to manage the capturing of design hazards in detail proportional to the design stage.
- Utilising a toolbox of communication strategies to maximise capturing of design hazards and mitigating the associated design risk(s).
- Assisting and advising the Principal Contractor in managing the design hazards identified.
- Ensuring that all temporary works are considered with respect to their hazards.
- Provide documentation that both assists the team, being practical, focused on the effective planning and management of risk, and auditable.
- Applying our wider underground experience to assist our client’s team.
LBA has experience of many different contractual arrangements with substantially different roles and responsibilities for the Client, Designer and Principal Contractor and with many varying competence levels of the staff involved. We have found it essential for all parties to be fully aware of their role and responsibilities from the very outset. This process helps to ensure that this occurs.
CDM 2015 does not cover all aspects of health and safety during design, construction and operation of structures. It must be interfaced with the many other regulations and standards concerned with design, operation and maintenance, as well as all other health and safety regulations in place. LBA has experience of integrating these diverse standards and regulations.
Underground Risk Knowledge
We believe that with our specialist knowledge of underground risk, the backing of the LBA team, together with the application of our bespoke CDM management process, that we can create real value for our client.