LBA provides commercial services to leading contractors
Our services range from costing at feasibility stage through estimating at planning and tender stages to commercial management of projects and dispute resolution.
Commercial Services from London Bridge Associates
- Contractual Advice
- Project Costing
- Quantity Surveying
- Dispute Resolution
- Forensic Planning
- Expert Witness Services
LBA have a wealth of experience in the management and preparation of cost estimates at all stages in the life of construction projects. This experience includes underground railway tunnels and station construction, surface rail transportation, petrochemical installations, power stations and other heavy civil engineering structures. Our skills have been developed working for major contractors and also for established cost consultants.
- We can work with the level of information that is available and have undertaken project costing at feasibility stage and all through the design stages to produce cost estimates with the appropriate levels of cost certainty.
- We provide an estimating service to contractors and we can assist clients with tender assessment and adjudication.
- We can also provide an assessment of cost to completion for projects that are in progress and can audit and advise on cost control and cost management systems.
Project & Forensic Planning
LBA have a proven international track record in undertaking planning requirements for both clients and contractors, including high level strategic planning, programme monitoring and forensic planning. We can:
- Advise and assist large clients and project sponsors in high level strategic planning of integrated transportation projects.
- Carry out task specific or overall project reviews providing data that our client can use to confirm the current programme, or to instigate remedial action where necessary.
- Supply support for Experts in their preparation of forensic reports and produce expert reports for a wide range of projects.
- We are capable of constructing forensic programmes using the relevant contract documentation, typically the tender programme, Clause 14 and other contract programmes using as-built construction information and incorporating the impact of events which have affected the programme.
- Provide expert reports in delay analysis and act as Expert Witness or provide independent reports as required.
- We have a proven record in the evaluation and production of claim entitlements for all types of corporate entities engaged in tunnelling.
Data and fact are presented in a clear unambiguous manner, allowing all parties to understand the issues, thus facilitating quick decision making.
Our vast experience in estimating the costs of large infrastructure projects saves our partners money
Tendering for large projects requires expertise in bid management and estimation.
London Bridge Associates (LBA) have a wealth of experience in the management and preparation of estimates for contractors tendering for major infrastructure projects. This experience includes underground railway tunnels and station construction, surface rail transportation, petrochemical installations, power stations and other heavy civil engineering structures.
LBA provides a valuable contribution to this part of the construction cycle because
- We can undertake the management and preparation of estimates for all types of major infrastructure projects.
- We have extensive experience of working with multi-disciplinary design teams on design and build tenders.
- We have an in depth working knowledge of the requirement for co-ordination of the various design disciplines and extensive experience in dealing with design uncertainty during preparation of the tender.
- We have a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of the interdependence between cost, programme and construction methodology.
- We base our estimating on our construction methodology and construction planning using resourced programmes as the basis of labour and plant estimates.
- We also offer an extensive understanding of the principles of risk management and the pricing of risk at tender stage.
- We have a passionate interest in and understanding of the complexities of tunnelling projects and the interaction between the technical solution and the right tender price.
Integrated Quality Management
LBA operate an integrated management system that follows BS EN ISO 9001:2000 ensuring that the work meets the clients objectives. LBA are experienced in working in the quality and management systems of major client organisations.
The LBA team have experience in operation of management systems for many construction projects and can provide staff able to establish the system and produce specialist documentation. This has been undertaken for clients at early stages of projects where LBA experience adds significant value in establishing the project specific documentation including project management, construction management, engineering management and assurance requirements.
Track record of success
We have a track record of successfully undertaking such tasks on some of the most complex underground projects in the UK. LBA promote best practice in quality management and have direct experience of innovation of a number of systems. We can provide training, manage the transition to implementation and develop the effectiveness of the quality management documentation during the project where required.