Join Our Team
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced P6 Project Planner to work full-time on multi-disciplinary construction projects, based in London. The successful candidate will work with the Construction Planning and Logistics team.
- Develop and maintain various construction programmes, including sub-elements such as structures and earthworks.
- Produce comprehensive and professional programmes, including records of construction planning, production rates and programme assumptions.
- Manage programme alterations and updates on a range of civil engineering works within multi-disciplinary environments.
- Use ‘Primavera’ software P6 to create programmes and deal with alterations.
- Report the progress of programme development, including highlighting areas of concern or any planning issues and proposing mitigation measures.
- Update the construction programme according to the Change Control procedure.
- Co-ordinate input from all disciplines into the programme.
- Respond to programme enquiries from the client and from other engineering and environmental disciplines.
- Support the successful delivery of fully logic-linked programmes that comply with the planning standard and client requirements.
- Continuously monitor and update programmes to ensure they reflect progress and reflect the revised forecast of the works.
- Contribute to construction programme reports that support the construction programmes and contribute to other technical reports as required.
- At least 2 years’ previous experience as a P6 Planner, preferably within the construction and civil engineering sector.
- HNC/Degree in a civil or construction discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera planning software.
- Proficient use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of TILOS or willingness to learn TILOS.
- A disciplined approach.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written English.
We offer a competitive package, depending on skillset and experience.
This is a great opportunity for a planner who wishes to develop their planning skills and overall project experience through working with a highly-experienced and friendly team.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, we would like to hear from you – please send your CV to email@example.com
Here at LBA, we have a very open style of recruitment – you will rarely see us advertising any vacancies or using recruitment agencies. Instead, we welcome speculative CVs and cover letters.
If you’ve met one of our team at an industry event, such as a BTS meeting, or if you have attended a lecture given by one of us at the University of Warwick, you will have an idea of the LBA ethos:
We’re a friendly and welcoming company, we take pride in delivering value to our clients, and we employ people with whom we want to spend our working weeks, who we know will overcome challenges for our clients, and who will also fit into the team and may also follow the long and embedded LBA tradition of “giving back” to the civil engineering industry.
LBA is primarily made up of tunnelling engineers, graduate engineers, construction managers, construction planners, cost consultants, geotechnical engineers, geologists, design managers, monitoring managers, project managers and fire life safety consultants.
Whether you’re an undergraduate or a recent graduate looking for your first full-time role, whether you’re mid-career and looking for a change, or whether you are close to the end of your career and want to be part of a company where your experience will be valued and drawn upon, we would be delighted to receive your CV for consideration.
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already know someone at LBA, please mention that in your email. If you don’t know anyone at LBA, it won’t count against you – please still email us!
We look forward to hearing from you.